Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Distance Medley

Since we had a snow emergency in good ol' Boston land, I wasn't able to make it to the gym last night. With temps around -20 degrees with the windchill, I decided to scrap my speed work tuesday. Instead, I followed the same HiiT workout routine I did last week, and will add an extra easy run day in Friday. Total miles for the week: 12 in 2 days. Goal is 30.


Being fortunate enough to live in the land of the world's benchmark marathon for a distance runner, I have the pleasure of watching the gun go off in Hopkinton each year, in hopes of seeing runners both great and small cross the finish line on Boylston Street. Its given me enough motivation to want to make the Boston Marathon a goal I hope to attain in the next 10 years*.

*To clarify, I may never attain this goal, but what I wouldn't give for one of those jackets.

Fortunately, I had the honor of signing up for the distance medley today, which the Boston Athletic Association (BAA) hosts in April, June, and October where runners participate in the 5k, the 10k, and their half marathon in the fall. I'm looking forward to the challenge, especially because I think I will be signing up for the Cape Cod Marathon in Falmouth in October. Fingers crossed! Want to join? Head into the B.A.A. website above, in order to gain registration through January 25th. 


Quick post today, because I was knee deep in coo coo land.

Let's Chat:
Any races or events that you are either looking forward to, or proud of from your past?

What's your favorite race medal?

1 comment:

  1. Go for Boston... 3h35 qualifier needed I'm sure you can get there...
    So you've got a couple of other races coming up, so why not start looking for the mark?
    5km a 22:30 is the target!
    10km 46:43
    half 1h43:35

    if you have the speed to run any of those times you can sure as eggs run that 3h35 marathon...

    I oftern find myself telling my athletes, No for you that time is easy, all you need to do is put in the training!

    PUT IN THE TRAINING!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...